Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Post from Herbs and Oils World: A Natural DIY Weed Solution


HOME-MADE WEED KILLER

Well, as you obviously have notice I’ve been MIA lately {..err, like nearly a flippin’ month} while DIYconfessions has been getting it’s makeover. I’ve missed being in touch with all of you!!! I’ve sort of been having withdrawals… but I’m glad to be getting back in the groove of things now!
Folks, although it’s nearly the end of April, here in Indiana we have been STILL getting snow! Just a week ago or so it was 75 degrees outside and the day after it was spitting flurries outside. Eeps… I’m not a lover of snow but especially this late in the game. I’m living like it’s full blown Spring around here; pulling weeds, fixing up the yard, getting ready to plant flowers! This drab Indy weather is not going holding me back. ;-) This year we have terrible weeds! Worse than the norm. Lyla loves all the dandelions in the yard though and calls them her “fowers” {aka: flowers} so at least someone is enjoying them. The weeds seem to be overtaking our walkway though and I’m simply not feeling it. I figured along with all the other home-made products I enjoy making there has to be one for ridding away all of the weeds. I found what works for us and decided to go ahead and share with all of you. Hopefully you find it as helpful as we did!
photo (94)

Ingredients:
  • White Vinegar {Yup, that’s all!}
  • Spray Bottle
Recipe:
  • Fill the spray bottle with white vinegar
  • Spray directly onto your weeds. {This recipe works best when it is hotter outside so it can dry up the weeds. *Be sure not to spray on your flower bed as it will eliminate your flowers.*}
This recipe is easy {<– my favorite kind} but works aaaand not to mention you save money in comparison to other over the counter weed killers! Boom! That’s enough of an incentive for me to make it.
Have a lovely day everyone!
signature copy

No comments:

Post a Comment