Saturday, June 22, 2013

My fascination with this world and its presence began as early back as I can remember, but most definitely made an impression on me in the hills of West Virginia where I was born.  I remember memories of meadows of grasses and flowers, mosses, trees and little ponds.  Being curious, I inspected everything!

When I moved to Virginia, my love of this earth did not change, just switched to another meadow.  My very favorite memories are from my aunt Billie's house at Dogwood Lodge.  There were forests of pine trees so big you could limb the branches like a ladder and see so far away!  When she let me go to the mailbox, it was not outside the door, it was walking through the forest and then through a meadow full of wild apple trees, pear trees and mulberry bushes.  If I  ever got hungry on my trek, I just stopped along the way to eat.  I would always imagine that this was from Johnny Appleseed and he had walked here!  Or that this was a very old place where a farm used to stand.  My very favorite flower along the way was because it was so unusual: a "Jack-in-the-Pulpit".



I think these early experiences began the great love of anything to do with the earth, with growing things, with the animals that roamed everywhere.  I felt then that i was a part of the earth and green, of course, was my favorite color!  My favorite tree (when it was blooming) was the Dogwood because of its beauty!


When I began to grow and slip into the mainstream of Life, my love never went away, it was just slipped to a back burner and I became a part of the world as most of us know it!  Doing well in school, getting a job and so on.  But whatever we are will never go away...they just get pushed aside.  But when I moved to Colorado -- my late husband's dream -- my love of this world came back in full bloom and this is now home!


But now as an adult and a smart one at that, I want to learn all i can on how I and my fellow humans can protect this earth we live on.  This is the only earth I will ever know and it is a deep love for me.  My late husband eventually died of brain cancer, then my friend Norma, then Ivan.  This began a series of thinkings in my mind as to WHY cancer was becoming such a wide spread epidemic!  What were we doing wrong?  One step in my research led to another and so here I am in my beloved home state, determined to learn as much as I can and share with my friends all I can glean.  I will share information about healthy eating, essential oils, organics, avoiding toxins and toxic eating.

It is my goal to do my small part in protecting this world!  Until next time...


Go visit www.essanteorganics.com/susangelder

No comments:

Post a Comment